Take the Self-Evaluation to Find Out
Life Cannot Exist Without Enzymes
by Tyla Gabriel
Enzymes are the spark of life that runs through your entire body. You can’t digest or absorb food without enzymes, and they regulate tens of thousands of other biochemical functions that take place in the body every second, in every cell.
Enzymes cause seeds to sprout, fruit to ripen, leaves to change color, and even thinking needs enzymatic action to occur.
Enzymes create catalytic actions that are the source of life; they help maintain our life-body, or etheric body of formative forces, that builds and sustains the physical body.
Enzymes combine with co-enzymes to form nearly 100,000 various chemicals that help us see, hear, feel, move, digest food, and talk.
Every organ, tissue and all the one hundred trillion cells in our body depend upon the reactions of enzymes and their energy transformation that can cause catalytic reactions that increase metabolic processes unimaginably.
A single enzyme can cause one trillion reactions in one second and still not use up its individual substance.
Bio-energetic reactions in every cell can only be described through the vital role played by enzymes. Vitamins and minerals are co-enzymes that require enzymes to work, underscoring the primal necessity for enzymes in life functions.
Enzymes are the vital workers and key communicators responsible for the breakdown and absorption of all nutrients and thus the bioenergy of the human body.
To function properly, food enzymes must also work in tandem with the co-enzymes of vitamins and minerals. Unlike the enzymes in raw plant foods, co-enzymes are not completely destroyed by cooking.
Unless the enzymes from non-GMO, non-irradiated raw foods are present in a diet, co-enzymes in food cannot be utilized to their full potential. For all these reasons, supplementing with enzymes is crucial to achieving a more efficient digestive process and better absorption of food nutrients.
Where Did All the Enzymes Go In Our Modern Diet?
Enzymes are destroyed by a variety of factors, some natural and others man-made. Here is a short list:
- Cooking at temperatures over 140 degrees. Includes ordinary cooking, microwaving, grilling. In fact, ever since man has used fire for cooking, enzymes have been destroyed. But in times past, humans supplemented high temperature cooking with a diet of non-irradiated raw fruits and vegetables—so there were always plenty of enzymes in the body for digestion. Like the saying goes, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.”
- Irradiation — most non-local fruits and vegetables in today’s grocery stores have been irradiated, a process used to kill enzymes and extend the shelf-life of produce. Ever wonder why that bag of broccoli from Costco lasts so long and doesn’t spoil? Ever wonder why all the fruits and veggies at the grocery store look so fresh and come from such exotic places? The process of irradiation, now required by the USDA for farms over $500k in revenue, kills pathogens that may be on produce, but also destroys naturally-occurring enzymes, making fruits and veggies indigestible. To avoid food irradiation: grow your own garden, join a Community Support Agriculture (CSA) farm, or buy local produce at the farmer’s market or those clearly labeled at the grocery store.
- GMOs are engineered to eliminate the “browning agents” in apples and potatoes by killing their enzymes. For example, many restaurants do not want potatoes that “brown” when they are cut because they are not aesthetically pleasing to the customer. They will purchase “non-browning” potatoes (GMO engineered) so that French fries look nice and white. Unfortunately, the human body has a difficult time digesting potatoes—especially those grown without enzymes. Taking the enzymes out of fruits and veggies may extend their extended shelf-life, but the consumer is left with undigested toxins in the digestive tract.
- Processed foods–good luck finding any living enzymes in boxed, bagged, processed, or canned foods! This includes pasteurized milk and cheese. The reason why so many people are lactose intolerant is that pasteurization removes the very enzymes that occur naturally in raw milk. Of course taking the enzymes out of the milk, extends its shelf-life and makes our grocers more profitable, but you can’t digest it.
- Microwaving – Unfortunately enzymes are completely destroyed in any microwaving process—whether it is done commercially or if you are warming up a plate of food.
Enzyme Deficiency Leads To Disease and Degeneration
There are several types of enzymes, some you are born with and others you have to get from the foods you eat. The ones that you are born with begin to diminish over time so that as you age, it becomes more difficult to digest your food.
- Metabolic Enzymes – These enzymes are primarily in charge of energy production in the body. They also help to detoxify the body on a cellular level and help our sensory system respond appropriately. They are responsible for cellular activity on every level.
- Digestive Enzymes – Digestive enzyme benefits include assisting the body to break down and assimilate food into nutrients. The body uses different types of enzymes to digest fats, proteins and carbohydrates for instance.
- Food Enzymes – These enzymes primarily come from plants. Our body does not make these enzymes, but they are contained in the food we eat and help our body break down food. And because enzymes are destroyed by heat, it is important to incorporate fresh raw, non-irradiated fruit and vegetables into your daily diet and essential oils.
One of the most important things our body does is to continue the process of building our enzymes. Enzymes play an important role in every function in the human body including eating, digestion, breathing, kidney and liver function, reproduction, elimination and more.
Several places in your digestive system secrete enzymes including the mouth, stomach, pancreas and cells of the small intestine – even your gut bacteria secrete digestive enzymes.
Enzymes help with nutrient absorption and break down foods in the digestive tract by breaking apart the bonds that hold nutrients together – nutrients that will be absorbed so the body can use them for energy and other important functions.
When your digestive system cannot digest your food, it becomes a toxin that leaks into your blood stream. For example, when you are regularly constipated, where do you think all of that undigested food is going? It is leaking into your blood stream. White blood cells then have to leave their regular “duties” of cleaning up your blood from the daily attacks of bacteria and viruses to attack your undigested food.
Or maybe you have diarrhea frequently, also a symptom of inadequate digestion, which is a reason your body can’t absorb the nutrients it needs for good health.
Or maybe you have persistent skin rashes, heartburn, poor hair growth, gallbladder attacks? All of these could be symptoms from being enzyme deficient.
What are the common symptoms of not having enough enzymes?
Constipation, gas, diarrhea, heartburn, gastric distress, skin rashes, bloating, food “allergies” and sensitivities, weight changes, sluggish digestion and metabolism, liver and gallbladder issues, poor wound healing, insomnia, reproductive problems…….the list is exhaustive.
Click here to take your own self-evaluation of possible enzyme deficiencies.
Enzyme Deficiency Affects Spiritual Development
Because our food supply has been tainted with poor quality soil, unnatural agricultural processes from seed to shelf, and just the way we cook our foods today, enzymes and minerals are deficient in our foods.
So instead of “lifting” us to our good health and spiritual potential where we can take conscious control of our organ and systems functions, freeing our lower chakras and giving us the capacity to work with our higher chakras and spiritual development, our enzymeless foods are enslaving us to bodies that are not functioning optimally and which cannot provide a reciprocal stream of spiritual nourishment for higher consciousness.
As I describe in my book, The Gospel of Sophia: A Modern Path of Initiation (available on Amazon), each bodily function corresponds to an aspect of consciousness. Spiritual aspirants who want to activate the cosmic and earthly nutrition stream must first work on the lower chakras, digestion being one of the most important functions of those energy centers.
Children need enzymes, too.
Do your children have symptoms that may be due
to lack of digestive and food enzymes?
Tyla Gabriel, ND is a board certified naturopath and author of The Gospel of Sophia series. For more information on ascension protocols, practices, and writings, visit www.ourspirit.com.
The statements made in this article have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. This newsletter and related website are for education purposes only and readers are encouraged to do their own research on enzymes and their effects on health and well-being.
Miracle of Enzymes: http://www.ourspirit.com/#!vibe-enzymes/c11qo
Symptom List for self-evaluation: http://www.ourspirit.com/#!symptom-list/cx3j